Alexa was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. In 2008 she attended the University of South Florida. During her time at South Florida, Alexa was an active member of Delta Delta Delta, Best Buddies and other on campus extracurriculars. She graduated in 2012 with her B. A. in Psychology.
Upon graduation from college, Alexa moved back to Georgia where she would then be accepted to Faulkner University's, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law. During her time at Faulkner she was an active member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, serving as a Chairman, Women's legal Society, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, as well as serving as an advocate for the elderly through the Elder Law Clinic.
Alexa believes that her urge to serve others came in part from her mother, Rhonda. She always told Alexa, "names were very important." The name Alexa is Greek and means "helper of mankind." Whether it was aiding the handicapped through hippotherapy, to serving as a volunteer for the Best Buddies Program, to serving on several boards during her law school career, she has always loved and valued helping others. This desire to help coupled with patience has become crucial in her career. She finds that the old adage of "you catch more bees with honey," really is true and a motto she pledges to live by. This motto lends itself to her desire to be a zealous advocate and determined to receive favorable outcomes for her clients while maintaining a cheerful yet humble disposition.
Today, Alexa lives in Montgomery, Alabama with her husband. In her free time she enjoys taking her three dogs to the dog park, traveling the world, and cooking for family and friends.
Alexa is an active member of the American Bar Association, the Alabama State Bar Association and the Young Lawyers Association. She is also admitted to practice in the Middle and Southern Federal District Courts.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- Faulkner University, Jones School of Law, Montgomery, Alabama
- Honors: Chairman, Women’s legal Society
- Honors: Chairman, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Honors: Elder Law Clinic
- The University of South Florida
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Alabama Bar Association, Member
- Alabama Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, Member
- Alabama Bar Association’s Women’s Section, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Delta Delta Delta
- Phi Alpha Delta